Sunday, July 1, 2012

I might always be a vanilla type of guy

The cab ride with Jenny was especially mundane this morning after the exacerbating events that took place last night. Finding out something I always thought was true wasn't quite as satisfying as I dreamt. But, it is so, and as I stare quietly at the back of our drivers head, waiting to place my feet upon the curb at terminal G, I can't help but notice a face in my mind. A neurotic cynic tailored in 3000 dollar suits, but empty inside, with dark rimmed glasses and a sly smile. He's a journeyman, going from place to place, trying to find his niche, looking for someone that looks at the stars and skies and everything in between like he does. This was not the place for me. Jenny had the big-eyes, most likely to make up for her lack of heart, and once I stepped onto the concrete I realized my heart was still with you. The simple times spinning out of control, leaving our mark on everything like we said we would, those were in the foreground as I said goodbye to the city that made me a mad man.

No comments: