Sunday, July 22, 2012

Shake the Dust

  All their trigger fingers were pointed my way. Maybe it was from my absence of sincerity and overall interest, but I don't feel the need to waste pleasantries on pompous pricks and people full of misguided principles. I don't need a specific person telling me how I should feel in any given situation. My old friend Henry David told me rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth, and I try to breath these words with every last breathe I take.
  I'll be meandering through the jungle, seeking out a soul that wants to live just like me. With truth, with sincere love, and with a mindset that what we do here truly echoes in eternity. Maybe I am too much of a wishful thinker, maybe I need a reality check, but as far as my eyes can see, the things I wish for aren't too much to fathom.
  I realize a changing of the guard is upon us, and things aren't how they used to be, with true friends seeking your attention, not everyone with a computer screen and a keyboard. I am challenging myself to not give in to our innate desire for constant approval, unless that approval is coming from me.
 These next few months are bringing me to the cusp of some radical decisions. I don't have it all figured out, but for as long as I live, I promise I will never stop seeking the truth. In the meantime, I'll be filling my time with a few things; writing a novel, writing a screenplay, meeting new people, reconnecting with old friends lost in time, opening my chest and marveling at all that is inside.

That which we are, we are, one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Tennyson

-DD

No comments: