Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hello Bill O'Reilly, I have a question?

Something provoked me to write a new blog. I don't know if it is the fact that someone or no one gets anything out of this but it hardly matters now, since you, diligent reader, are already reading this wondering if I am a total psycho. Either way, my monologue of ramblings that I have been recording since the beginning of this week have proven some signfigance to myself in the idea of that I might actually learn something in direction towards my life. I guess this whole paragraph is a tiny tid-bit of why I write blogs and do the things I do.

Blantly, I'd like to serve out a couple thank-you's to a few people who have made this week noteworthy.

O.J. Simpson, thank you for brightening up my day. You have really proven to us all what a great person you truly are. If it wasn't for your headline on CNN, part of my week would be missing. Always remember, if the glove does not fit, you must acquit.

Black Americans and those alike fighting for racial justice, you really showed me how our country has progressed little since the times of MLK and Malcom X. When a white man can hang a noose from a tree and get off with nothing, while six black boys are put in jail for attempted murder at a school fight something is disturbingly wrong. I find this whole situation distraught but somewhat humorous. Oh society, just when you think racism is forever rolling in the dust, an incident like the Jena 6 brings it back for the death rattle. I suppose death rattle is not the appropriate term for the topic at hand here. Racism is still very much at hand, and is still very much a powerful, moving issue in the United States. Black Panthers, Stand Tall.

As of now, my week is ending in a semi-akward state. A few things have turned around for me, but a few others have dug themselves deeper into this rich, lush soil we call Freedom.

And to you, my good friend, have a joyous birthday. May the Lord bless you as you embark, no, begin the rest of your life. I know you might be a little nervous but I think that it could be the beginning of something very genuine and heartfelt.


Happy Birthday to you.

Happy Birthday to you.

Happy Birthday dear you.

Happy Birthday to you.

Jump off the bridge and take some risks. You still have the rest of your life.

That goes for all of you.

No comments: