Saturday, July 17, 2010

Where do you get your inspiration from?

I want to live off the land. I want to wake up in the morning to the smell of the coast, with nothing but a child-like sense of wonder at my fingertips.

I wake up everyday and as I rub the sleep from my eyes, I think about the chase, the never-ending run that I try to wrap my mind around, but cannot. If we aren't thinking, we aren't growing.

It seems like everyone I know is caught in this endless struggle to be someone they aren't. Battling with the people closest to them about their lives. I want to find that person, that one person, who is living on their dreams as much as I am. Maybe I am a sad sap, but nothing delights me more than the thought of drinking a cup of coffee atop an Italian Villa, watching the sunrise, and simply being who I want. Our dreams are huge, sometimes even bigger than ourselves.

1 comment:

Ahkenaten Kor said...

Great post. Sometimes I'd like to just be on constant vacation. That's why I work hard, so that I can retire and start figuring out what it is I really want to do. The sad truth is that, if you're waking up in the morning to the smell of the coast, thinking and dreaming, philosophizing... It all starts when you have enough money.